September 10, 2019
Live Your Dream Award for Women
Open Application period: July 1 – Nov. 15 each year
Live Your Dream Awards finalist has the potential receive up to $16,000 (Scholarships range from $1,000 to $10,000) to help undergraduate (or vocational/skills training) students offset tuition costs, purchase books, get transportation, or find reliable childcare so she can worry less about how to pay her bills and focus on reaching her dreams.
Live Your Dream Awards are all about helping women who have faced obstacles on the path to living their dreams and provide the primary financial support for yourself and your dependents.
- Dependents can include children, spouse, partner, siblings and/or parents
- Has financial need
- Is enrolled in or has been accepted to a vocational/skills training program or an undergraduate degree program
- Is motivated to achieve your education and career goals
- Resides in one of Soroptimist International of the Americas’ member countries/territories (Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guam, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Taiwan, United States of America, Venezuela)
- Has not previously been the recipient of a Soroptimist Women’s Opportunity or Live Your Dream Award
- Does not have a graduate degree
- Is not a Soroptimist member, an employee of Soroptimist International of the Americas, or immediate family of either
- Has a Social Security number or Tax ID number (required for tax purposes and is only necessary if you are a resident of the United States. You will not be asked to share this information unless you have been given an award.)