Diversity Awareness Group (DAwGs)
The Diversity Awareness Group was formed as a means of academic and peer support for underrepresented students at the University of Washington, School of Nursing. We encourage scholarship, collaboration, networking, and leadership through the community on and off-campus.
For more information about how you can get involved with DAwGs, send an inquiry email to email@example.com.
Future Nurses Club
The mission of the Future Nurses Club is to provide mentorship from current UW nursing students to undergraduate students – especially underserved and underrepresented individuals who have not yet been admitted to the nursing program.
We serve as a bridge from current BSN students to undergraduate students interested in learning more about the field of nursing, getting involved in service-learning projects and connecting with other students with similar interests.
We support and advocate for future nurses regardless of race, ethnicity, citizenship status, religion, educational and socioeconomic status, disability, age, sex, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
- Provide perspective and insight to help prepare and support Pre-Nursing students.
- Advise students about the application process using information directly from the School of Nursing.
- Expose prospective students to the roles of a nurse and their importance in the healthcare field. This includes meeting with current BSN students and nurses of various specialties.
- Emphasize and encourage diversity within nursing by creating a safe space for open dialogue.
- Collaborate through service-learning (UW Nurse Camp, Mary Mahoney, high school students, community colleges, etc.)
- Network with like-minded undergraduates; support peers through the process of applying.
For more information about getting involved, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Stay up to date with current events by joining our Facebook page (@futurenursesclubatuw) and following us on Instagram (@futurenursesatuw).