When you enroll at the University of Washington, you are asked to sign up for email service through UW Office 365 or UW G Suite by Google.
As a nursing student, you must choose Office 365 for your email service because you may be communicating sensitive information that cannot be sent through Google servers. Office 365 is HIPAA and FERPA compliant while Google is not.
Choose your email provider
- Log in to MyUW to manage your email forwarding.
- Choose Forward to Office 365 and click OK
That’s it! You are now set up to safely send and receive emails using the UW Office 365 service.
Nursing student technology resources
Getting Started with SoN Technology self-enroll course
Collaboratively developed by UWS, UWB, and UWT online learning experts, this module is designed to help you orient your remote learning.
Zoom tech check drop-ins
In an effort to provide great collaborative and interactive virtual classroom spaces for the upcoming year and the following years, L&IT will be hosting Zoom Drop-in Sessions.
Topics will include:
- Testing audio settings
- Testing video settings
- Updating Zoom plug-ins
- Testing sharing content
- Testing break out rooms
- Configuring participant settings as the host
These sessions are meant to help faculty, staff and students become familiar with the Zoom app interface as well as the browser’s interface. If you have any questions, concerns or just feeling shaky as the academic year prepares to begin please drop into the Zoom sessions.
- Monday, September 21, 2020, 2:00 – 3:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 22, 2020, 9:00 – 11:00 a.m.
- Wednesday, September 23, 2020, 1:00 – 3:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 23, 2020, 2:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- Thursday, September 24, 2020, 9:00 – 11:00 a.m.
- Friday, September 25, 2020, 1:00 – 3:00 p.m.
The Computer Vet is a free service offered to UW students, faculty and staff to assist with software problems on personal computers. Staffed by knowledgeable students, the Computer Vet can help with a wide array of technical issues and tasks, including operating system updates, anti-virus installation, P2P software removal, DawgPrint driver installations, and much more.
Additional campus tech resources
- UW-IT student quick-start guide
- Connecting to the UW network
- Software and hardware available to UW students
Not sure where to direct a tech support question? Contact the School of Nursing Learning & Information Technologies (L&IT) Help Desk and they are happy to help guide you to a solution.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 206.616.7435
Send your questions and comments about UW-IT services to our contacts below. UW-IT monitors its email and phones 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.