New student orientation
We welcome new nursing students in September each year. Day one of orientation is geared towards all incoming nursing students; day two focuses on new students in our graduate programs.
- Autumn orientation: September 25 & 29, 2020
- New ABSN, BSN, DNP, and PhD students should complete the online New Nursing Student Orientation checkpoints prior to the first day of orientation (UW NetID required)
- If a checkpoint doesn’t apply to your program of study, mark the item as “complete”
- U501, the online orientation for graduate students, is available on Canvas (UW NetID required)
To prepare for our virtual orientation:
- Set up your UW NetID
- Edit your preferred name, if desired (this affects how your name appears in all UW directories, including Zoom)
- Download the Zoom app to your laptop, tablet, or mobile device
- We strongly encourage users to log into Zoom using the desktop or mobile app. Many of our sessions will use breakout rooms, which have not worked as well in browsers, including Chrome.
- Attend a drop-in session to test your hardware ahead of time (meeting IDs will be sent to your UW email address). This will allow you to troubleshoot any issues ahead of time.
Logging in to Zoom
Have trouble logging in? Contact email@example.com as soon as possible so our staff can help troubleshoot issues.
- Log into the Zoom app using the meeting ID and passcode sent to your UW email account
- On day one, please log in around 7:45 a.m. and wait to be admitted from the waiting room
- Make sure your microphone is muted during larger group sessions and when you are not speaking; this helps eliminate background noise
- Please bear with us! While we have tried to prevent most technical issues ahead of time, we anticipate that everything may not run smoothly with almost 400 participants. Reach out in the Zoom room chat or to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any trouble and our staff will help you as soon as possible.
Important documents & information
You should be receiving information via email. If not, please contact Simone Nelson as soon as possible (email@example.com).