Welcome to writing support! We offer individual writing appointments and group workshops to School of Nursing graduate students and have provided writing resources available to all nursing students.
Visit and follow our channel on Stream for the latest recordings to improve your studying and writing.
- Introduction to Graduate-Level Writing
- Odegaard Writing & Research Center
- Grammarly premium access – Current UW Seattle nursing students ONLY
- Microsoft Word Advanced Editing Settings
- Academic “how-to” writing guides
- Plagiarism Resources
- Group writing
- Tips for English language learners (ELL)
- Targeted Learning Communities for ELL
- American Psychological Association (APA) Style Introduction
- UW Guide to Citation Management Software
- American Medical Association (AMA) Style
- How to Use Endnote in 5 Minutes
- Endnote Tips and Tricks
- EndNote Quick Reference Guide
- HSL Library Liaison
- Getting Started with Health Sciences Library Resources
- Literature Searching and Evidence-Based Practice Tutorial
- Database Searching Guides
Frequently asked questions
How does writing support work?
Easy. Just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll help you figure out what you need and make an appointment.
Will you edit my paper?
I typically use highlighting and make comments on the side rather than editing the text you’ve written. My goal is to help build your writing skills by having a conversation about your writing where I help you identify opportunities for improvement.
Do I have to be on campus to get help?
I’m happy to meet in person or online with Teams, whatever is comfortable for you.
Do you have office hours for walk-in or call-in appointments?
No. Sometimes I can accommodate last minutes requests, but it depends on what else I have booked. I recommend reaching out early to set an appointment if you think you might want help.
Are your only appointments during the day?
I will work with you to find a time that works for both of us, even if it’s outside my usual hours.
Is writing support just for class assignments?
I can help with whatever academic or professional writing you are doing, including scholarship essays, manuscripts you’re submitting for publication, etc.
Can you help me with my literature search and/or citation management software?
This expertise lives in the UW libraries and is not the focus of writing support. I will occasionally give pointers, but those areas are outside the scope of the writing RA role. A good place to start is the links on the writing support webpage.