Current Students

Writing support

Welcome to writing support! We offer individual writing appointments and group workshops to School of Nursing graduate students and have provided writing resources available to all nursing students.

Visit and follow our channel on Stream for the latest recordings to improve your studying and writing.

Writing resources

Citation resources

Library resources

Frequently asked questions

How does writing support work?

Easy. Just email me at sonwriting@uw.edu and I’ll help you figure out what you need and make an appointment.

Will you edit my paper?

I typically use highlighting and make comments on the side rather than editing the text you’ve written. My goal is to help build your writing skills by having a conversation about your writing where I help you identify opportunities for improvement.

Do I have to be on campus to get help?

I’m happy to meet in person or online with Teams, whatever is comfortable for you.

Do you have office hours for walk-in or call-in appointments?

No. Sometimes I can accommodate last minutes requests, but it depends on what else I have booked. I recommend reaching out early to set an appointment if you think you might want help.

Are your only appointments during the day?

I will work with you to find a time that works for both of us, even if it’s outside my usual hours.

Is writing support just for class assignments?

I can help with whatever academic or professional writing you are doing, including scholarship essays, manuscripts you’re submitting for publication, etc.

Can you help me with my literature search and/or citation management software?

This expertise lives in the UW libraries and is not the focus of writing support. I will occasionally give pointers, but those areas are outside the scope of the writing RA role. A good place to start is the links on the writing support webpage.

Contact

Graduate nursing students can set up an appointment for writing services.

• Email: sonwriting@uw.edu
  • Autumn 2021 hours: On-campus Mondays and Wednesdays; virtual appointments Tuesdays; other days/times as arranged. Please email me!